Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Why AP Psychology?

I have always thought that the most challenging task in a person's life is to understand his or her own behaviors and thoughts. The ways of thinking cannot be explained using "Mathematics" or "Science", but it is possibly understood by theories of Psychology. The highest goal I could be achieving or at least hope to achieve in this AP Psychology class is to first of all understand myself and in the future, maybe to also understand others around me.

To me, I don't have much knowledge about what psychology is aside from the definition-that it helps explain "why people do what they do". That simple phrase is interesting enough for me.
Many of the times, I have made decisions, bad decisions and although knowing that I will regret it one day, I still went with it. Being a senior and thinking day and night about college and universities, without knowing who I really am or realising what I really want and why, college seems miles away.

When I take a look at others around me-either family members, friends, or strangers, everyone has an unexpected behavior or attitude all the time. I guess that explains the fact that we are humans. The bigger question and a more difficult solution to those behaviors is "why" and I am hoping to find that out in this class.

2 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Peter Anthony @ SAS said...

Tat
Psychology can help you understand many of the issues you raised. It can bring you self-understanding which is something we should all strive for. Hope you enjoy the class.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Parin @ RIS said...

To Tat:
It seems like we all are puzzled by how our mind really work. I strongly with you that we can't understand ourself through using only mathematics; never we will. However, Psychology is a branch of science, thus what we do could be explained by science, which in this case is Psychology!.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home